Article continues below these Amazon Goodies
Each week we’ll give you a block to sew from the book. We are switching up the order to keep it fun, plus if you started and life happened… you can just jump right back in! New?
- Check our Block & Bonus page CLICK HERE to that.
- Our original Block List, you can use it to check off the blocks done!
If you are looking for a jump start of fabric, Jane I and worked with the Fat Quarter shop to curate 2 different color bundles of 20 Fat Quarters each. We wanted you to be able to work with the colors and try some blocks, then you can add to this.
Variety really is the spice of life for the Splendid Sampler project. Most people like have at least 35 to 40 different fabrics (sometimes way more). Then add basic to be used to tie the colors together. Some people use the basic for the ‘background’ of each block or as an accent color that is in many blocks.
DEAL OF THE WEEK
Each week we will have our favorite Deal, Class, or Discount to share. Or maybe Jane or I will have another of our projects to share. So be sure you come to the website each Thursday. The post will be here by 9am EST, although it’s usually earlier.
Build your stash of beautiful threads to create your own colourful sampler. Buy here.
Sew South – Jennifer Mathis
Jennifer’s motto: Comparison is the thief of joy! Sew because it brings you joy and because it is rewarding and fun to make things that are both beautiful and useful.
Visit Jennifer’s Blog for more info and check out all her amazing tutorials!
Have you tried the glue basting technique for English Paper Piecing? Just a quick application of Sewline glue to baste your fabric over paper, freezer paper or wash away papers, makes EPP basting fast. Water soluble, acid-free and clear drying. Easy to remove papers when project is finished. Buy here.
- Designer: Jennifer Mathis
- Splendid Sampler Pages 66-67
- Techniques : EPP and Applique
- Pat’s Fusible Applique book Pat Sloan. Find any of Pat’s 34 books at Amazon.
- Recommended Online Classes for HAND Applique, for FUSIBLE Applique
- NEW HERE? Sign up for notices, and Join our Facebook group!
- Read all the Project details HERE
- Click here for Bonus & Previous blocks to sew from your book
- run and Hosted by Jane Davidson and Pat Sloan.
- Sign up for Pat’s Newsletter HERE with great tips each week
- Sign up for Jane’s posts HERE
- Visit our page for links to FREE Tutorials! (click on top nav bar for drop down)
We would love to see all your blocks so add your links below.
The Tutorial on how to load a photo