Article continues below these Amazon Goodies
Each week we’ll give you a block to sew from the book. We are switching up the order to keep it fun, plus if you started and life happened… you can just jump right back in! New?
- Check our Block & Bonus page CLICK HERE to that.
- Our original Block List, you can use it to check off the blocks done!
If you are looking for a jump start of fabric, Jane I and worked with the Fat Quarter shop to curate 2 different color bundles of 20 Fat Quarters each. We wanted you to be able to work with the colors and try some blocks, then you can add to this.
Variety really is the spice of life for the Splendid Sampler project. Most people like have at least 35 to 40 different fabrics (sometimes way more). Then add basic to be used to tie the colors together. Some people use the basic for the ‘background’ of each block or as an accent color that is in many blocks.
Kathy Schmitz “Find joy in the process, not the perfection.”
Kathy Schmitz took her quilt-themed greeting cards to Quilt Market in 2002 and that’s where she was discovered by Moda Fabrics. Her first collection, Cozy Comforts, debuted later that year. Not new to quilting, she made her first quilt when she was 13 years old using her grandmother’s old treadle sewing machine.
The style of illustration that has become her signature came about when she wanted something new to hang over the mantle of her home at Christmas. After digging out the three tubes of paint she had leftover from collection, she painted a picture of her house in a snow scene and promptly fell in love with the type of artwork. Having only one house of her own, she began paint pictures of other people’s homes.
Kathy found that the line drawings of embroidery were so well-suited to her artwork that she began designing embroidery to coordinate with her fabrics.
Stitches from the Garden is Kathy’s vintage nature-inspired book with Martingale.
- Buy The Book, which was on sale, click to see!
- Kathy’s other books,
- and find some of her fabrics HERE!
DEAL OF THE WEEK
Each week we will have our favorite Deal, Class, or Discount to share. Or maybe Jane or I will have another of our projects to share. So be sure you come to the website each Thursday. The post will be here by 9am EST, although it’s usually eariler
- I love this extensive Library of classes on Hand Embroidery. It’s a suite of classes and I think they are amazing. WATCH the VIDEO
- There are also several single embroidery classes and this one is 19.99.. others are HERE
- Buy any of my 34 books at Amazon, including past copies!
- Designer: Kathy Schmitz
- Splendid Sampler Page 129
- Techniques : Embroidery
- Pat’s Fusible Applique book
- Recommended Online Classes for HAND Applique, for FUSIBLE Applique
- NEW HERE? Sign up for notices, and Join our Facebook group!
- Read all the Project details HERE
- Click here for Bonus & Previous blocks to sew from your book
share your photos below ad
Article continues below this Ad
- run and Hosted by Jane Davidson and Pat Sloan.
- Sign up for Pat’s Newsletter HERE with great tips each week
- Sign up for Jane’s posts HERE
- Visit our page for links to FREE Tutorials! (click on top nav bar for drop down)
We would love to see all your blocks so add your links below.
The Tutorial on how to load a photo