You have found the home of The Splendid Sampler™ project organized and run by good friends Pat Sloan and Jane Davidson.
For Splendid Sampler Book #2 we are giving you, as a gift, 20 blocks for free from our Splendid Sampler 2 book while we wait for the book to be ready. Then we will sew the remaining 80 from our book. Our book has a total of 100 quilt blocks, all 6” finished.
Come to the website each week to download
- MOST CURRENT Block
- ALL the block so far – wreath around the designer, or look at the right side bar HERE
- Sign up for notices
- Join our FREE online Facebook group
- CLICK FOR DETAILS of the Splendid Sampler 2 Sew Along Started June 14
- Let’s Chat Fabric for the project
- Splendid Sampler 2 designer posts
Purchase Splendid Sampler 1 & Pre-Order Splendid Sampler 2 at Amazon + get the addon Kindle for a few dollars more
- Order the KINDLE version for immediate download
- Order a PDF version for immediate download right from the publisher and if you purchase the book there the PDF is FREE!
- How Much Fabric should I buy?
- The short answer is that there is no set supply list for this project. With 100 blocks you may want a variety of prints. We suggest a Fat Quarter Bundle of at least 35 to 40 fabrics to start. Then purchase several yards.. go for 3yds worth (all the same or scrappy).. of a basic that you can use in each block to unify them.
- See our Article on the fabrics used for the 100 block quilt in our book. Most people added more fabric as they went along. See finished quilts at our Gallery and blocks as we go by visiting our online group and
- ORDER your Splendid Sampler 1 Quilt Label
- DOWNLOAD a Book #1 block list, & the Details on what to write for sharing quilts made with our blocks in a Quilt Show.
- Buy the Splendid Sampler™ Shadow Box setting.
- Join Our super fun and active Facebook group
- Listen to Jane and Pat tell you about the project
- Site Navigation Tips
- Where are book 1 The Splendid Sampler™ designers from?
- With over 30,000 very creative quilt makers sewing along with us, many have added their own unique embellishments that are not part of our project. Nor are they a pattern. So just enjoy the creativity! The quiltmakers above are
- Top row – Sandra G, Sue M, Maudy E, Sylvia S.
- Bottom row – Debra M, Patsy B, Dena B, x, Kathy B.
Inside both books there are examples of lay-outs and settings. Jane has created a simple pattern for 100 blocks using the traditional shadow box setting.
You can find this adorable stand Pat Designed (both table top and one to hang on the wall) BOTH HERE (with International Shipping) Pincushion is in book #1
The Splendid Sampler™ Bonus Materials
What is in the book?
What is NOT in the book?
The Splendid Sampler™
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. (Chinese proverb) …. Or in our case, a single stitch!
The Splendid Sampler™ Sponsors and Partners:
All our Partners have websites where they write great articles that teach you new things. And many have a newsletter you can sign up for! Click the word above to take you there.
More Articles on previous pages