You have found the home of The Splendid Sampler™ project organized and run by good friends Pat Sloan and Jane Davidson.
- Sign up for notices, and Join our online group
- Purchase Your Book at Amazon + get the addon Kindle for a few dollars more
- Order the KINDLE version for immediate download
- Order a PDF version for immediate download right from the publisher and if you purchase the book there the PDF is FREE!
- How Much Fabric should I buy?
- The short answer is that there is no set supply list for this project. With 100 blocks you may want a variety of prints. We suggest a Fat Quarter Bundle of at least 25 to 35 fabrics to start. Then purchase several yards.. go for 3yds worth (all the same or scrappy).. of a basic that you can use in each block to unify them.
- We have 2 curated starter bundles of 20 beautiful FQs that you can use to kick start your blocks! BUY HERE You will want to add more as you go along!
- See our Article on the fabrics used for the 100 block quilt in our book. Most people added more fabric as they went along. See blocks by clicking the designers name on the right. Or visiting our online group
- ORDER your Quilt Label
- DOWNLOAD a block list, & the Details on what to write for sharing quilts made with our blocks in a Quilt Show.
- Buy the Splendid Sampler™ Shadow Box setting.
- Join Our super fun and active Facebook group
- Listen to Jane and Pat tell you about the project
- Site Navigation Tips
- Where are The Splendid Sampler™ designers from?
- With over 30,000 very creative quilt makers sewing along with us, many have added their own unique embellishments that are not part of our project. Nor are they a pattern. So just enjoy the creativity! The quiltmakers above are
- Top row – Sandra G, Sue M, Maudy E, Sylvia S.
- Bottom row – Debra M, Patsy B, Dena B, x, Kathy B.
You can find the adorable stands Pat Designed (both table top and one to hang on the wall) BOTH HERE (with International Shipping)
Jane’s drop shadow Layout
|Pat Sloan||Jane Davidson – Quiltjane|
|8/3/17 Lina’s gift|
|9/28/17 – first stitch & Wild Rose|
|Bonus Blocks at the end of the Book Block List|
The Splendid Sampler™ Bonus Blocks
|Alyssa Thomas||Pat Sloan||Pat Sloan|
|Bonus – Derby Day|
|lillyella||Pat Sloan||Pat Sloan|
|Jane Davidson-Quiltjane||Pat Sloan||Cheryl Arkison|
|Bonus Block- Pat Sloan for Babylock||Bonus Block – Earth Day|
|Matthew’s Block||Jane Davidson||Jacquelynne Steves|
|Bonus – Flip Floppin Challenge|
|Pat Sloan Top of the Hill||1 Million Pillowcase Challenge-||Melissa Corry Design|
|Pat Sloan Oct Pumpkin||Joan Ford NOV Bonus Block||Turkey|
If you want to purchase a downloadable Turkey Pattern, Details HERE
|Pat Sloan Acorn||Christmas Lights||Pat Sloan Birthday Block|
|Ugly Sweater by KidGiddy||Pat’s Gran’s Gingerbread||Scott Hansen|
Happy New Year and Good Morning World!
|Scott Hansen||Pat Sloan||Jane Davidson|
Happy New Year and Good Morning World!
|Pat Sloan||Jane Davidson||Pat Sloan|
|The Splendid Sampler Label||Tote Bag|| The buds of May
|Mini New Glory
- Project details: Welcome to The Splendid Sampler™
- Join our fabulous The Splendid Sampler™ Facebook Group to connect with other quilters from around the world that are doing The Splendid Sampler™.
- Meet The Splendid Sampler™FAQ Page with ALL the things you need to know Creators are Designers/Authors: Pat Sloan and Jane Davidson
- Meet The Splendid Sampler™ Designers: post 1 | post 2 | post 3 | post 4 | post 5
- Online CLASSES from our Design Team
- Block construction Tutorial Videos with Alyssa Thomas
- Machine Quilting Tips from Debby Brown, CLICK THE NEXT at the end to see previous tips
- Meet Splendid’s IN PERSON – Share a photo of you and your friends with your Splendid Blocks
- Need help with a technique? Check out the The Splendid Sampler™ Tutorial Pages Piecing Small Blocks, Appliqué, Embroidery, English Paper Piecing, Paper Piecing, Other Tips and Tricks
- Our Book is Available to Order
- Also order from Book Depository, Fat Quarter Shop, international shipping
- All 100 official blocks & the story from the designer
- full directions to make the blocks, full size diagrams
- various tips are sprinkled through the book
- Layouts for several quilts using various numbers of blocks in each quilt.
- NO bonus blocks – those will stay here at our website… and are listed at the end of the page
- NO tips given by other designers as those are their own personal project. If you are following a particular designer and their tips, you need to save those.
- NO quilter blocks or quilter finished quilts. The book was delivered at the beginning of the project before anyone else made blocks, it’s FULL to the brim
The Splendid Sampler™
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. (Chinese proverb) …. Or in our case, a single stitch!
- Sign up to get Pat’s Regular Newsletter and Join her Facebook classroom
- Sign up to get a notice when Jane does a new article and sign up for her Facebook Page!
The Splendid Sampler™ Sponsors and Partners:
All our Partners have websites where they write great articles that teach you new things. And many have a newsletter you can sign up for! Click the word above to take you there.
More Articles on previous pages
Go to the Blocks article continues below ad