Designer: April Rosental
Techniques : Paper Piecing
- NEW HERE? Sign up for notices, and Join our Classroom!
- Read all the Project details HERE
- Click here for Previous blocks
- If you are new to paper piecing, see our tutorial page for tips
- See FAQ if you have pdf/printer issues
April says “Stretch your quilting muscles by trying new things, even when they look complicated. Try to figure out how a block is constructed, or how to resize a block before asking for help. It will make you a more confident quilter and keep your brain tack sharp!”
One thing I LOVE about April’s work is that she does interesting things. Her quilt designs have another layer in them that is interesting and makes you want to explore them.
Her newest fabric line from Moda is “Sweet Marion” designed about memories of her grandmother. On her Instagram page she shared stories like this one “In my Grandma Marion’s backyard were the most stunning flowerbeds and roses. She had a wall dividing her vegetable garden from her lawn which was covered with deep red climbing roses. Every so often she would ask us to go out and cut her a bouquet for her counter. To this day, the smell of roses puts me in her kitchen with the blue and white linoleum. Sweet Marion fabric ships February 2017”
Preorder our book if you have not done it yet.. it’s onsale!
- Run and Hosted by Jane Davidson and Pat Sloan.
- Sign up for Pat’s Newsletter HERE with great tips each week
- Sign up for Jane’s posts HERE
- Sponsored by Moda Fabrics, Aurifil thread, and Martingale Books, Handi Quilter please visit them!
- Our Friend Joan Ford has The Splendid Sampler™ quilting tips each week in her newsletter
- And watch Alyssa Thomas does Video Tutorials on each block!
We would love to see all your blocks so add your links down below with the blue button. The Tutorial on how to load a photo
Article continues below this Ad