Designer: Latifah Saafir
Techniques : Paper Piecing
Blocks by Designers (L to R, Top to Bottom) Latifah Saafir (2 blocks), Joan Ford, Katja Marek, Melanie Barrett, and Lynette Anderson
Pre-order your copy here. Amazon US, Book Depository, Fat Quarter Shop, international shipping
- NEW HERE? Sign up for notices, and Join our Classroom!
- Read all the Project details HERE
- Click here for Previous blocks
- If you are new to paper piecing, see our tutorial page for tips
- See FAQ if you have pdf/printer issues
Latifah Saafir “You can sew anything if you take it one stitch and one seam at a time!”
Jane and I are both HUGE fans of Latifah’s work. She is a pattern designer, tool designer and now fabric designer. She is a co-founder of both the Los Angeles Modern Quilt Guild and the worldwide Modern Quilt Guild. This gives you some insight into how forward thinking Latifah is.
We also love her … the person. Latifah is a great supporter and advocate of quiltmakers and her peers. She is giving and generous.
For this project most designer sent us a little sketch of their block idea so that we didn’t have duplicates (which by the way.. we didn’t!) When I opened the email from Latifah my heart skipped a beat. I knew IMMEDIATELY what this image was. It’s the logo of a Cessna airplane. My husband is a private pilot and learned to fly in one. Like Latifah, that is the plane he soloed in. Which by the way.. is a huge big deal! We are so happy to have Latifah join us!
See her first fabric line, her Aurifil thread kit & Visit Latifah and get to know her!
Preorder our book if you have not done it yet.. it’s onsale!
Some great finds..
- We love pretty things and this thread stand is the BEST, I use it!
- Latifah’s Fabric line ‘Grafic’
- And my red quilty coffee mug.. get one and send me your photo with it!
- Latifah has a gorgeous project in this collaboration book
This project is
- Run and Hosted by Jane Davidson and Pat Sloan.
- Sign up for Pat’s Newsletter HERE with great tips each week
- Sign up for Jane’s posts HERE
- Sponsored by Moda Fabrics, Aurifil thread, and Martingale Books, Handi Quilter please visit them!
- Our Friend Joan Ford has The Splendid Sampler™ quilting tips each week in her newsletter
- And watch Alyssa Thomas does Video Tutorials on each block!
We would love to see all your blocks so add your links down below with the blue button. The Tutorial on how to load a photo