When our friend Kerry of KidGiddy asked us to make Ugly Sweaters for her sew along, Jane and I jumped at the chance! WHAT FUN! This is mine and I used the center Glass drink I collected a few years ago (found some HERE) and the rest of the fabric is my latest Moda Line called ‘Sunday Drive’ in stores in Feb! (if you click FAST there are a few of the precuts HERE that were sold at market)
This is Jane’s version she made into a pincushion… it’s darn cute.. right?? She used ‘Sugar Plum Christmas’ from Bunny Hill which will be in stores next year.
- And Check the kits under $50.oo(usd) today!
- Share your block at the end!
- See Pat’s MY Splendid Sampler blocks and the story of my latest – Join me at Instagram and my super fun Facebook Group!
- See all Jane’s French General Blocks and join her at Instagram!
And keep reading… our friends have some COOL stuff going on that we don’t want you to miss!
Moda is always sharing fun things from the designers and the amazing crew that works there! I love this article, with links to fun decorating tutorials! Can you guess how many of these were made? CLICK to find out!
Aurifil’s brand new 80 wt thread is glorious for hand applique!
Martingale always puts out the BEST books (we may be a wee bit biased.. wink!)
American Patchwork & Quilting magazine has such GREAT things to share. From their incredible magazine (you need to subscribe) to my FREE weekly podcasted Talk show for them (you need to listen) they also have tutorials and videos and free patterns, like this adorable house quilt FOUND HERE (photo courtesy of APQ magazine)
Tomorrow is block 86.. I want to leave you with this thought I wrote at my website
Jane and I both decided to make our own personal blocks. We are making them as we can, just like over 40,000 quilters across the world are doing.
Which means like many of you, we are not doing the block as soon as it come out. Instead we do a block here, a block there. Some take longer, some are quick.
This is a journey, not a race.
And we’ll be making blocks with quilters for years to come.
This is just the beginning.
This project is
- Run and Hosted by Jane Davidson and Pat Sloan.
- Sign up for Pat’s Newsletter HERE with great tips each week
- Sign up for Jane’s posts HERE
- Sponsored by Moda Fabrics, Aurifil thread, and Martingale Books, Handi Quilter please visit them!
- Our Friend Joan Ford has The Splendid Sampler™ quilting tips each week in her newsletter
- And watch Alyssa Thomas does Video Tutorials on each block!
We would love to see all your blocks so add your links down below with the blue button. The Tutorial on how to load a photo