Designer: Sara Lawson
Techniques : Piecing
- NEW HERE? Sign up for notices, and Join our Classroom!
- Read all the Project details HERE
- Click here for Previous blocks
- If you are new to paper piecing, see our tutorial page for tips
- See FAQ if you have pdf/printer issues
Sara Lawson’s motto “Keep sewing! Sew every day, or as often as you are able to. Every project may not be a screaming success, but you will learn something new from each thing that you sew. “
I think many creative people will relate to the story of Sara’s block. It’s about making friends… and the sewing community opening up doors for us.
Being friends with Sara means a lot to me. She is a designer who has more ideas in her pinkie finger than many will ever have. Her ability to see something new and turn it into a project we want to make is magical. Do you see that rectangle Zip case above? It’s made with Cork… yes.. Cork! Sara has found cork you can sew with and done amazing things.
Sara is a primarily a bag designer, with flair! She creates bag patterns with awesome directions, great use of trims and sturdy stabilizers for a professional look. When she asked me what I’d like in a bag, the ‘Sloan Traveler’ was created just for me! Mine is the gray with flowers using my next Moda line ‘Sunday Drive’ .. the rest are her bag testers! BUY the Pattern
Read more at Sara’s website about her Splendid Sampler block!
And she has books !
This project is
- Run and Hosted by Jane Davidson and Pat Sloan.
- Sign up for Pat’s Newsletter HERE with great tips each week
- Sign up for Jane’s posts HERE
- Sponsored by Moda Fabrics, Aurifil thread, and Martingale Books, Handi Quilter please visit them!
- Our Friend Joan Ford has The Splendid Sampler™ quilting tips each week in her newsletter
- And watch Alyssa Thomas does Video Tutorials on each block!
We would love to see all your blocks so add your links down below with the blue button. The Tutorial on how to load a photo
article continues below ad