I think today is a GREAT day to visit with the wonderful designers that created blocks for our project.
We had two photo sessions at two trade shows to try and get as many as possible in the photos.. fun fun!
So where are they located?
Some own quilt shops in towns where you can stop in for a visit. Some designers teach at local shops or have open studio hours. And many of the designers travel to teach. Plus everyone has a website where you can find out about their patterns, books, fabric and more!
Below is a list of the designers with full time stores you can visit. Followed by Country/State each designer is from. Click to their website and learn more!
Our Designers that own Quilt Shops where you can Stop in for a Splendid visit!
- Florida – Laura Flynn – Cotton Patch Quilt Shop
- Iowa – Heidi Kaisand – Hen & Chicks Studio
- Missouri – Sarah J Maxwell – Also Co-Owner of HomeStead Hearth
- Nebraska – Deb Roberts – Quilted Moose
- New York – Victoria Findlay Wolfe open on Friday’s 10-12pm every week.
- Nevada- Jennifer Albaugh – Quiltique
- Utah – Kris Thurgood – My Girl Friends Quilt Shoppe
- Wisconsin – Julie Karasek – Patched Works Inc
- Wisconsin & California – Lisa Bongean – Primitive Gatherings
- Queensland Australia – Lynette Anderson – Little Quilt Store
- Australia – Jen Kingwell – Jen Kingwell Designs
- Australia – Stacey Lowe – Peppermint Stitches
- Canda – Katja Marek – Katja’s Quilt Shoppe
The Splendid Sampler™ Sponsors and Partners:
All our Partners have websites where they write great articles that teach you new things. And many have a newsletter you can sign up for!
- Jackie Kunkel and I have been friends for a super long time, and I love how she will tackle a project and show you how easy it can be to do! Many of us want a double wedding ring to add to our list of ‘quilts we mastered’. Jackie shows you how! Buy Jackie’s class and patterns Here
- Joanna Figueroa – Figtree Quilts
- Pam Vieira McGinnis – Pam Kitty Morning
- Frances Newcombe
- Janice Ryan – Better Off Thread
- Latifah Saafir
- Amy Sinibaldi – Nana Company
- Anne Sutton – Bunny Hill Designs
- Joanna Figueroa teaches you to Sew beautiful blocks without Y-seams or templates! All done in her signature designs that are timeless and beautiful! Buy Joanna’s classes Here
- Amy Gibson’s Twisted Chain class is a Favorite with so many fun things! Plus she has a free series too. See All her classes & patterns HERE
- Elizabeth Dackson is known for foundation paper piecing and her online workshops gives you all the wonderful information you need to do it perfectly!Buy Elizabeth’s Classes and her wonderful patterns HERE
- Sara Lawson is a guru of bag making. She knows her way around interfacing and techniques and will teach you ALL her insider trick in this workshop! Buy Sara’s class and her bag patterns Here
- Vanessa Christenson – V and CO
- Heidi Kaisand – Hen & Chicks Studio
- Lindsay Mayland – American Patchwork & Quilting
- Vanessa Christenson has a love of texture! This class is all about using your awesome fabric in new and fun to ways! See the class projects and buy the class here
- Kari Carr – New Leaf Stitches
- Roseann Meehan Kermes – Rosebud’s Cottage
- Celine Perkins – Perkins Dry Goods
- Alyssa Thomas – Penguin & Fish
- Alyssa is doing videos about all the blocks! You can see them all at her Youtube Channel HERE
- We can’t resist sharing a FAVORITE new class from Lee Monroe, chock FULL of useful tips .. you must get this one HERE
- Debby Brown is giving us machine quilting tips this year, but you don’t have to wait! Take Debby’s TWO great machine quilting classes anytime you like. Buy Debby’s classes Here
- Joan Ford has The Splendid Sampler™ quilting tips each week in her newsletter. She often shares an alternative way to make the block.
- Natalia Bonner – Piece n Quilt
- Kim Christopherson – Kimberbell Designs
- Melissa Corry – Happy Quilting
- Amy Ellis – Amy’s Creative Side
- Vanessa Goertzen – Lellaboutique
- April Rosenthal
- Amy Udall Smart – Diary of a Quilter
- Kris Thurgood – My Girl Friends Quilt Shoppe
- Kris Thurgood and Kim Christopherson are a fantastic design duo that specialize in applique and .. well.. fun!! I taught at Kris’s shop last month and it was so much FUN! Learn a bunch of easy tips from them (yes.. they ARE sisters) from their class HERE
- Amy Smart is a wonderful designer who has so many tips for better and faster quilting! I love this classes because she focuses on Pre-Cuts. Buy this class and see Amy’s patterns here
- Kimberly Einmo is an amazing designer. She creates projects that look difficult and are really simple and FUN to do!! She is a seasoned instructor and has many classes onlines. My current favorite is her Magical Blocks, you will learn SO MUCH! Get one of Kimberly’s classes to learn from HERE
- Beth Bradley – Martingale
- Scott Hansen – Blue Nickel Studios
- Jennifer Keltner – Martingale
- Charise Randell – Charise Creates
- Karen Soltys – Martingale
- Lynette Anderson – Little Quilt Store
- Jane Davidson – Quiltjane
- Cat Demack – CatandVee
- Jen Kingwell – Jen Kingwell Designs
- Stacey Lowe – Peppermint Stitches
- Di Murphy (Mill)
- Gail Pan – Gail Pan Designs
- Fiona Ransley – Designs by Fee
- Jenny Reynolds – Jenny of Elefantz
- Siobhan Rogers – Beaspoke Quilts
- Vicki Tucek
- Lorena Uriarte
- Alberta – Cheryl Arkison
- Kristyne Czepuryk – Pretty by Hand
- Ontario – Michele Foster – Aiming for Accuracy Pattern Co.
- Katja Marek – Katja’s Quilt Shoppe
- Cheryl Arkison teaches you a ton of tricks for circles! You will master them right away! Plus you will adore her Oh Canada pattern. Get Cheryl’s Class and Pattern here
Pre order the book while it’s on sale.. woohoo!
article continues below ad