Designer: Joanna Figueroa
Techniques : Piecing
Click here for Previous blocks
Joanna’s Favorite Quote is “Always remember that quilting is meant to be an art and its meant to be a joyful process. I think so much of the time we focus too much on whether or not our points are perfect or all of our seams are nested. I don’t really think that’s what its meant to be all about. Don’t get me wrong… there are times when the perfect point is really important and if its off, its worth to rip out. But there are a lot of other times when its just not. Always remember why you are quilting and enjoy the process!”
I have followed Joanna’s work for years and used her fabrics many times. I love how she puts things together her her fresh Figtree Style!
Now that we are both Moda Designers we have gotten to know each other and always have fun catching up in person at the shows twice a year.
Joanna is the designer of the Charity Quilt along at the Fat Quarter shop this year. Her designs and fabrics make this a stunning quilt to recreate. Her original quilt will be auctioned off and I’m making one that will also be auctioned.
You can get more info on this Charity Project at THIS LINK
VISIT Joanna to learn more about her block! Then come back!
- Run and Hosted by Jane Davidson and Pat Sloan.
- Sign up for Pat’s Newsletter HERE with great tips each week
- Sign up for Jane’s posts HERE
- Sponsored by Moda Fabrics, Aurifil thread, and Martingale Books, Handi Quilter please visit them!
- Our Friend Joan Ford has The Splendid Sampler™ quilting tips each week in her newsletter
- And Alyssa Thomas does Video Tutorials on each block!
We would love to see all your blocks so add your links down below with the blue button.