Designer: Lynn Harris
Techniques : Applique
- NEW HERE? Sign up for notices, and Join our Classroom!
- Read all the Project details HERE
- Click here for Previous blocks
- If you are new to paper piecing, see our tutorial page for tips
- See FAQ if you have pdf/printer issues
Lynn Carson Harris ‘Save your scraps! Develop and keep a healthy scrap stash because working with “every last piece” is a creative challenge that is thrifty and results in unique and vibrant quilts.’
I’m constantly inspired by Lynn’s work. She is thoughtful. She challenges her self. She experiments. And during all of it she documents her journey at her website with beautiful photos.
When I first meet Lynn she was knee deep in scraps, which I later learned is her go to place to be! When we started the Splendid Sampler she was digging deep to find some very ‘vintage’ pieces… we loved seeing what she came up with. And speaking of scraps…
Stardust is the quilt on Lynn’s best selling book ‘Every Last Piece’ cover. This is by and far my favorite book on scrap quilts and you MUST own it.. seriously good designs, tips and information.
This is my copy.. I’m going to be brave enough to try those itty bitty stars… soon…
VISIT Lynn for great tips on hand applique AND she put her block into a project to show you another way to use it.
I used these great task lights and a lot of people asked me about them
Preorder our book if you have not done it yet, ships in mid April!
- Run and Hosted by Jane Davidson and Pat Sloan.
- Sign up for Pat’s Newsletter HERE with great tips each week
- Sign up for Jane’s posts HERE
- Sponsored by Moda Fabrics, Aurifil thread, and Martingale Books, Handi Quilter please visit them!
- Our Friend Joan Ford has The Splendid Sampler™ quilting tips each week in her newsletter
- And watch Alyssa Thomas does Video Tutorials on each block!
We would love to see all your blocks so add your links down below with the blue button. The Tutorial on how to load a photo
Article continues below this Ad