Techniques : Piecing
Click here for Previous blocks
Sarah Maxwell‘s Favorite Quote is “Most of the important things in life have been accomplished by people who kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all”. Dale Carnegie
I can not tell you how delighted I was when I asked Sarah if she would join our project and she said yes! Our friendship goes back a long ways. Many years ago some people in my online group told me that ‘Homestead Hearth was selling kits for my quilts in my Quilt the Season book’. From that point on Sarah and Dolores Smith, her co-owner of Homestead Hearth, have been wonderful friends of mine.
Sarah is one of the most talented and hardworking people I know. They run an amazing shop in Mexico Missouri, which I was lucky enough to teach at.
Then Sarah started to design wonderful quilts for magazines, wrote books and patterns and now designs Fabric for Marcus Fabrics, it’s all amazing!
I had Sarah on my Talk Show on Feb 8, 2016….
take a listen HERE, we had a fun time talking about quilt styles and how we change over the years, you will really enjoy it!
Buy Sarah’s BOOK, which totally falls into line with her block and see all her OTHER books.. they are pretty awesome!
You can Buy Sarah’s fabric lines at
- Radiant Reflections batiks
- River Rock batiks
- NEW Corn Maze quilt in the Fall 2016 issue of Quilts and More.
This project is
- Run and Hosted by Jane Davidson and Pat Sloan.
- Sign up for Pat’s Newsletter HERE with great tips each week
- Sign up for Jane’s posts HERE
- Sponsored by Moda Fabrics, Aurifil thread, and Martingale Books, Handi Quilter please visit them!
- Our Friend Joan Ford has The Splendid Sampler™ quilting tips each week in her newsletter
- And Alyssa Thomas does Video Tutorials on each block!
We would love to see all your blocks so add your links down below with the blue button.