Techniques : Piecing,
Blocks by Designers (L to R, Top to Bottom): Laura Flynn, Melaine Barrett, Lynette Anderson, Sarah Maxwell, Frances Newcombe, and Melissa Corry
Laura Flynn My motto is “The more fabrics in a quilt, the better! It is easier to pick 10 reds than that 1 “perfect” red. Not every fabric can be the star and not every block has to be “the best” because everyone gets a neighbor and we all look better surrounded by friends. Final advice: only work with fabrics you love. Life is too short to work with ugly fabric.”
I was lucky enough to be teaching in the area and got to visit Laura a few years ago, such an awesome shop!
Buy the pattern and kit for Laura’s Beautiful Shop quilt that made the cover of the most coveted magazine around, Quilt Sampler!, then look around at website and put her shop on your ‘must stop at’ list!! Being in Florida, she specialized in beach and sea fabrics… which I so love!
VISIT Laura to see several options of her block AND to learn about her shop!
This project is
- Run and Hosted by Jane Davidson and Pat Sloan.
- Sign up for Pat’s Newsletter HERE with great tips each week
- Sign up for Jane’s posts HERE
- Sponsored by Moda Fabrics, Aurifil thread, and Martingale Books, Handi Quilter please visit them!
- Our Friend Joan Ford has The Splendid Sampler™ quilting tips each week in her newsletter
- And Alyssa Thomas does Video Tutorials on each block!
We would love to see all your blocks so add your links down below with the blue button.
More Articles on previous pages