Designer: Lissa Alexander, Moda Lissa
Techniques : Patchwork
- NEW HERE? Sign up for notices, and Join our Classroom!
- Read all the Project details HERE
- Click here for Previous blocks
- If you are new to paper piecing, see our tutorial page for tips
- See FAQ if you have pdf/printer issues
Lissa Alexander Mine isn’t as much about techniques vs. have fun, keep learning and experimenting with everything you create. That is why these 6″ blocks are so perfect to play with. If you are unhappy with your fabric choices on a block, try again. I continue to learn about different fabric placement and how it relates a completely different look. This community of quilters is the biggest show and tell which will inspire so many ideas and options.
Lissa is multi-talented. She is an amazing designer, the quilts above have all been published in American Patchwork & Quilting magazine, and her ‘day job’ is head of Marketing for Moda fabrics. When I first enter the business side of the quilt industry, I was working with the Indygo Junction company. I can clearly remember being asked ‘have you talked to Lissa yet’. Nobody in this industry needs to add her last name.. we ALL know who ‘Lissa’ is!
When I partnered with American Patchwork & Quilting Magazine for my online recorded Weekly Talk Show, Lissa and the Moda team joined right in to support my show and the industry … it wouldn’t be the same without their support!
Lissa always has a way with words … She really does think of EVERYTHING to make a project run smoothly. So she made 2 versions of her block for us, her traditional block and a modern one. Don’t they look SO different in collage!
So I had to share with you her envelope for her blocks… do you think the people at the post office read these notes?
To me, this is a ‘Classic’ Lissa quilt. She mixes fabric looks. Take that very traditional border print in cream, with navy and yellow and lots of pizzaz! I bet you anything that in this scrappy quilt are fabric lines from the traditional Moda designers and the contemporary designers. She has an amazing eye for this.
Here are a few of the books you’ll find Lissa’s designs in or that she organized!
- Mini Marvels (coming soon, my butterfly is on the top right!)
- I love Logcabins
- Scraps made Simple
- All in a Row ( the clothes line is mine!).. and a few others here
- VISIT Lissa’s Website.. and of course..
- Visit Moda’s Free Page HERE… it’s the best page… right after this one where you find all the designer lines. Just put my name in the search and see my newest line preview called Sunday Drive!)
- See Lissa’s Quilts Published in American Patchwork & Quilting Magazine
- Listen to my Talk Show right on your computer, learn more!
Jane and I also want to thank Lissa and the Entire Moda team for supporting our project, sending fabric out to designers and being amazing every single day!
This project is
- Run and Hosted by Jane Davidson and Pat Sloan.
- Sign up for Pat’s Newsletter HERE with great tips each week
- Sign up for Jane’s posts HERE
- Sponsored by Moda Fabrics, Aurifil thread, and Martingale Books, Handi Quilter please visit them!
- Our Friend Joan Ford has The Splendid Sampler™ quilting tips each week in her newsletter
- And watch Alyssa Thomas does Video Tutorials on each block!
We would love to see all your blocks so add your links down below with the blue button.