What happens when two friends say ‘Let’s do a project together’. And they sit down over a splendid cup of coffee.. and two hours later a project is born.
Welcome to the Kick off of Pat & Jane’s Splendid Sampler Adventure!
At the end of that wonderful chat we decided that not only did we want to do a project together, we wanted to connect people. Jane lives in Australia, I live in the United States. We have designer and Industry friends around the world.
The Splendid Sampler is a year long 100 block ‘Epic Adventure’ of quilt making. We invited 84 designers we love and admire to join us. Fellow designers we admire and Industry Leaders that support us. They have designed blocks and are going to sew along with us. We then sprinkled a little magic dust on the whole Splendid thing and we are ready to go!
What is it?
- This is a mystery that consists of 100 spectacular 6” finished quilt blocks. All different techniques from pieced, to applique, to embroidery, to English Paper Piecing (EPP) and Paper piecing.
- The blocks are released 2 a week, with 2 holiday breaks for Christmas Day and New Year’s day
- There is no supply list. We will be sharing fabrics used by the designers in upcoming articles so you have an idea of what we gave them to use.
- There will be two Splendid colorways shown.
- There will be a layout given in the future, we’ll give a supply list for the setting.
- We will also have giveaways, a way to share your blocks via link party quilt show, a list of tutorials, and exciting ideas for how to quilt this from a master quilter on our team!
- The blocks are free until March 2017. At that time we’ll be releasing an incredibly Splendid book of the blocks and finished quilt photos.
When does it Start?
- The first block is Valentines day Feb 14, 2016.
- Each Sunday and Thursday a new block is released.
- There will be random other posts all through the year sharing what is going on!
What you should do Now!
- Sign up to receive an email notice that a post has been made. IF you are already part of Pat’s newsletter, then you won’t get the notice as you are already confirmed.
- Join our Facebook group
- Are you IN? Leave us a Splendid comment at our sew along group, we want to get to know you!
- Take a tour of the designer’s websites via the links on the right sidebar.
- Use hashtag #TheSplendidSampler to tag photos you share
- Ask a friend to join, share with your guild and your favorite quilt shops, we want you to be a part of our adventure!
- Add this button to your website and link it right here!
We are so excited to have you join us!
Our Partners Are Aurifil, Martingale and Moda!