Designer: Roseann Meehan Kermes
Techniques : Piecing
- NEW HERE? Sign up for notices, and Join our Classroom!
- Read all the Project details HERE
- Click here for Previous blocks
- If you are new to paper piecing, see our tutorial page for tips
- See FAQ if you have pdf/printer issues
Roseann’s Tip for Working with small Pieces – “With small blocks, it’s easy to misplace the pieces or put them in the wrong order. Place them on a small cutting mat, building the block as you cut the pieces. Move the mat to your sewing machine, then stitch the block together in an order that makes sense to you. Put the units in their correct positions after they are pressed until you’ve completed it. I use a 12″ rotating mat by OLFA. I can trim dog ears at my machine with a small cutter and ruler. I use the lines on the mat to make sure my units are square and the right size, too.”
I have known Roseann since I started my business. She has been a shop owner and designer every since she started her own business years ago after leaving the military. You will find her designs all through your magazines from American Patchwork & Quilting and now she is a licensed Sizzix Designer with super adorable dies.
Roseann also loves wool.. like REALLY loves wool. She is an expert in how to use die cut machines for cutting the wool. So back to when I first meet Roseann in person. I was in my booth at the trade show and this super darling and bubbly lady came bouncing in chattering away about all my projects and how cute they were.. I loved her right away and I had no idea who she was.. she had forgotten to introduce herself!!
We became fast friends from that moment on. She is so full of life and enthusiasm I’m blessed to have her as a friend.
Now VISIT Roseann to see more about her block and her fun ‘Top Secret’ panic project!
If you to try die cutting, this is our favorite cutter, and here is some wool to get you started!
- BUY our favorite Sizzix machine
- BUY the OLFA rotating Mat
- Buy Wool bundles, and Scrap Bags
- BUY Roseann’s Dies for all those CUTE projects, penny rugs, stocking, and more!!
ALL yes ALL Classes are $17.99… it’s a pretty sweet deal for the next TWO days. Want to try crochet? cooking? A photography course? Buy them and print the page, put it in an envelope and a give it to yourself … you deserve to learn new things at a cool low price!
BUY a class and check out the other things on Black Friday sale..
This project is
- Run and Hosted by Jane Davidson and Pat Sloan.
- Sign up for Pat’s Newsletter HERE with great tips each week
- Sign up for Jane’s posts HERE
- Sponsored by Moda Fabrics, Aurifil thread, and Martingale Books, Handi Quilter please visit them!
- Our Friend Joan Ford has The Splendid Sampler™ quilting tips each week in her newsletter
- And watch Alyssa Thomas does Video Tutorials on each block!
We would love to see all your blocks so add your links down below with the blue button. The Tutorial on how to load a photo