Designer: Brigitte Heitland
Techniques : English Paper Piecing
- NEW HERE? Sign up for notices, and Join our Classroom!
- Read all the Project details HERE
- Click here for Previous blocks
- If you are new to paper piecing, see our tutorial page for tips
- See FAQ if you have pdf/printer issues
Brigitte – I saw Brigitte’s work at the very first trade show she went to. It was fresh, modern, clean lined and attention grabbing! Everyone came by to see who the new ‘Zen Chic’ was! Since then Brigitte and I have become friends and it’s always wonderful to catch up with her at the shows.
She is German, and I love that she likes to say.. “As a German girl I had never heard about quilting. I just sewed my own clothes and loved to have unique things to wear. When it was time to decide which profession to choose, it had to be something creative and I decided on Interior Design. But more and more I was drawn to all the students in the classroom next to mine who were working with needles and thread, and so I ended up as a student of Textile Design”.
She is an incredible designer for Moda Fabrics we were all thrilled to be able to sew with her fabrics and patterns!
Here are some thoughts about Solids from Brigitte during an interview given by Moda
“How would you describe the differences between quilts made with all solids and those made with mostly prints?
Solids are crystal-clear in translating a quilt layout. While a print – especially a large scale print – can distract from the structure of a design and be forgiving if the layout is not well thought out, a solid stays true and pure.
Solids clearly reveal the structure of the quilt whether it is a regular block setting or an asymmetrical, more artistic approach.” Read the Rest of the Article
All.. as in ALL… it’s a pretty sweet deal for the next few day.. and yes it’s Thursday but YOU get the scoop early!
BUY a class and check out the other things on Black Friday sale..
This project is
- Run and Hosted by Jane Davidson and Pat Sloan.
- Sign up for Pat’s Newsletter HERE with great tips each week
- Sign up for Jane’s posts HERE
- Sponsored by Moda Fabrics, Aurifil thread, and Martingale Books, Handi Quilter please visit them!
- Our Friend Joan Ford has The Splendid Sampler™ quilting tips each week in her newsletter
- And watch Alyssa Thomas does Video Tutorials on each block!
We would love to see all your blocks so add your links down below with the blue button. The Tutorial on how to load a photo