Designer: Heidi Kaisand
Techniques : Patchwork
- NEW HERE? Sign up for notices, and Join our Classroom!
- Read all the Project details HERE
- Click here for Previous blocks
- If you are new to paper piecing, see our tutorial page for tips
- See FAQ if you have pdf/printer issues
Heidi Kaisand – My grandmother taught me to quilt and I will forever be thankful to her for beginning me on a path of fabric collecting, pattern planning, and life-long friendships. Grandma loved playing with fabrics and that is one of my favorite things to do is mix and match and audition fabrics, trying to find the perfect combination for my next project.
Heidi and I meet at the wonderful first quilting trade show I did in Atlantic City. At that time she was the Editor of American Patchwork & Quilting magazine.
We are long time friends and as Heidi changed companies within the industry, we have worked together again and again.
I can’t tell you how exciting it was to see Heidi come full circle back to running a magazine!
What I love is that her children come to her shop after school each day. Her oldest son and twin daughters are learning what it means to run a small family owned business, by helping their parents. What a awesome education!
Visit Heidi’s Website to receive a free pattern and a coupon to her shop!
We are all huge fans of learning! A favorite new online workshop is for Pieced Borders. You can take a simple quilt and put a WOW factor around the outside!
This project is
- Run and Hosted by Jane Davidson and Pat Sloan.
- Sign up for Pat’s Newsletter HERE with great tips each week
- Sign up for Jane’s posts HERE
- Sponsored by Moda Fabrics, Aurifil thread, and Martingale Books, Handi Quilter please visit them!
- Our Friend Joan Ford has The Splendid Sampler™ quilting tips each week in her newsletter
- And watch Alyssa Thomas does Video Tutorials on each block!
We would love to see all your blocks so add your links down below with the blue button.