Designer: Lisa Bongean – Primitive Gatherings
Techniques : Applique
- NEW HERE? Sign up for notices, and Join our Classroom!
- Read all the Project details HERE
- Click here for Previous blocks
- If you are new to paper piecing, see our tutorial page for tips
- See FAQ if you have pdf/printer issues
Lisa says: I know I sound like a broken record but… Try starching your fabric completely wet before you cut it… Let it air dry…press it and then cut out your pieces… It’s just a game changer, try it and you’ll do it all the time…Use ordinary heavy faultless starch!
When I went to Lisa’s guild many years ago, she was working at her prior life job, starting to design and was able to squeeze in taking 1/2 my workshop then coming to my talk that night. I’ve had fun keeping up with her all these years and watching her develop as a quilt & Moda Fabric designer, and then a shop owner. Lisa’s block tells her story, she is wonderful at all types of stitching, and constantly has a project (or 18) in progress!
Pat Sloan’s Talk Show
I interviewed Lisa recently and you can listen at the player above. Get a list of all my talk shows HERE
Photo of Lisa on the cover of American Patchwork & Quilting is divine! LOOK at the quilts! You can see some more photos HERE
Lisa has been working with small shapes awhile so she designed rulers to help you out! You can get them HERE
This project is
- Run and Hosted by Jane Davidson and Pat Sloan.
- Sign up for Pat’s Newsletter HERE with great tips each week
- Sign up for Jane’s posts HERE
- Sponsored by Moda Fabrics, Aurifil thread, and Martingale Books, Handi Quilter please visit them!
- Our Friend Joan Ford has The Splendid Sampler™ quilting tips each week in her newsletter
- And watch Alyssa Thomas does Video Tutorials on each block!
We would love to see all your blocks so add your links down below with the blue button.
I am very excited to be able to offer ALL of Debby’s machine Quilting classes to you for 19.99 until Midnight Aug 25, in case you missed getting one last week.. SO happy to be able to extend that to you for Debby’s great classes!
Plus take advantage of the Sale when you really need it kind of sale!